Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I think I might have a problem

I don't know how mothers of little girls do it!  How do you stop yourself?  Where does the self control come from?
Of course, I am talking about buying little girl clothes.  How can you resist the cuteness of little flowery dresses and glittery shoes?  I can't do it!.   After years of buying ho-hum t-shirts and jeans for little boys that would just assume hang out in their skivvies all day anyway , I feel like there is no way I will be able to control myself when it comes to baby girl's wardrobe.
I resisted the urge for a long time.  I didn't even buy her anything until a month after the referral.  And even then, just looking at itty bitty girl clothes gave me crippling anxiety.  But then I found a $3 dress at (where else?) Target.  And I thought It's only $3, so no big loss if it doesn't fit. And then it began.  And now she has a dozen outfits or more (some were gifts, thanks Mom!)   I fear I won't be able to stop myself.  I cannot go into a store without looking at clothes for her.  And don't get me started on accessories!  Headbands, tights, SHOES.  SHOES, people!  Have you seen how cute the tiny sparkly shoes are?   I am going to need a support group or an accountability partner or something.

PS.  On the upside, though, I am very thrifty.  And so far the most I've spent on one single item is $6.  It pains me to have to buy clothes that are not at least 75% off.  But still, I gotta learn to fight the power of the lace eyelet sundress and the pink satiny shoes.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's tough! Both girls have 3 pair of the sparkly shoes--I mean they gotta have the red, gold, and silver, right? I just can't let myself go into stores like Target or Old Navy very often--because even though you can get stuff super cheap, buying something every time I go adds up! P.S. Those sparkly shoes our currently on clearance for $6 at Target!

teri z said...

I hope she's going to like being a girly girl! Can't wait for her to be here!

Ashlee said...

I feel you! In my case, it helps to simply not have the money to spend. :) I am impressed at your thriftiness, though, and I may have to pick up a pair of those sparkly shoes! Can't wait to see your little gal!

Shannan Martin said...

Oh, you just wait! You have NO idea!! :)