Tuesday, October 11, 2011

She

She has been home with us for 6 months now.  Which according to the calendar isn't really that long.  But she has nestled in to our family so amazingly well, that it's hard to imagine a time when she wasn't here.  Sometimes I look at her and I still can't believe that she is here, that she is ours.


She is the only extrovert in a family of introverts.  (Can't you hear God laughing?) She embarrasses me when we walk through Target. She says hi to every person we pass while simultaneously singing "Happy Birthday" at the top of her lungs.



She hates it when I am on the computer or the phone.  She gets a wee bit jealous.  But yet she doesn't need me at all once we get to Sunday school class or when her brothers get home from school.  She loves people.  Loves attention.





Oh, and the shoes.  She still loves them.  Her current favorites are a pair of flip-flops.  Used, dirty flip-flops.  Given to us a by a neighbor girl (who Wren worships).  She will choose them everyday over any other pair of shoes.  I can't wait till it's to cold for flip-flops.

aunt kenzie's shoes

She is sassy.  Opinionated.  Loud.  Determined.  Funny.  Smart.  Sooo smart.  Needy.  Messy.  Fast.  Cute.  Darn cute.  Loving.  Cuddly.  Independent. 
 She is my best girl.



3 comments:

teri z said...

Oh, she is pretty stinkin cute!!!-- but don't tell her I said so and don't let her read this! Loved spending the weekend with her and all my girls!

heather said...

Love your blog, Alisha! She is so beautiful! God has blessed her and you so very much!

Kendra said...

You forgot one! She is loved by everyone who meets her. She's impossible to resist.

And speaking of meeting her...we have two more at our house who would very much like to meet her. When can we see you?