Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Adoption Art

This post may be a tad overdue.  Like a year or more.  Back in 2010 and 2011 when we were raising money to bring Wren home, we started a little art project for her bedroom wall.  We gave a small 3x3 canvas to everyone that helped to fund our adoption.  We asked them to paint, draw, write - whatever they wanted to do - knowing that it would be for the little girl we were bringing home.  I didn't keep track of the number of canvases I passed out, but I think it was about 30.   


They are now on her wall, looking super spiffy.  They are all amazing.  We know some seriously talented people.  I LOVE them.  She LOVES them.  She studies them, points to them, talks about them.  She knows they are for her.  Made by all the people who loved her before they knew her.  



Notice there is still some room for more pictures.  I know there are a few more canvases out there that people may have forgotten they had (Grandma).  So maybe someday they'll be returned or maybe someday I'll have to get crafty myself and fill in those blanks.  Either way, it's a project I am so glad we started.  So many people from different pockets of our lives - church, work, neighbors, people near and far and young and old.  I'm still amazed and grateful for all of the support.  


No comments: